Saturday 13 August 2011

I'm still here

I realise it's been over a week since I last posted, but Kian hasn't been well, so if you think my nights were bad before, think again.

But he's better now, so I'm back.

It's been a lovely Saturday. All of us out this morning looking for crabs and shells, then back to eat up the last of the Dutch croquettes Graeme's mum made for us yesterday. Yum. I've eaten ten in the last 24 hours.

Then we all napped for over two hours. Bliss. The boys watched David Attenborough's Blue Planet, while I cooked roast leg of lamb with garlic, rosemary and anchovies, and enough parsnips and potatoes to feed another family of four.

I read to Luca in bed while Graeme went out for ice cream, then we both curled up with a film and ate far too much.

It wasn't just any film. It was Julie and Julia. It always makes me happy. The food. The romance.

Did you know you could still read her blog? I didn't until tonight. Am looking forward to reading some of it, despite there not being any posts for seven years. There does seem to be an awful lot of f-this and f-that. I mean A LOT.

Anyway, the point is, the film has given me renewed enthusiasm. It's very easy when you're a SAHM to get stuck in a rut. To go through the motions each day and slump at the end of it.

I will try to find some time for my cookbooks again. To cook more food that feeds the soul, rather than food that just feeds. The lamb tonight was definitely in the first category.

I'm off to bed now to dream about chocolate cream pie.

Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for popping over. I'd love to hear from you. Even if it's just to say hello.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.