Monday 29 August 2011

On a very serious note

I'm ashamed to say this, but last night was the first time I'd heard about Taiji on the coast of Japan and the atrocious dolphin hunts. Graeme and I watched The Cove. We were shocked. It's horrific.

It's a brilliant film, and whilst I found the slaughter scenes very distressing, I'm no longer ignorant on issues of dolphin drives, dolphin captivity and mercury.

The annual hunting season starts in a couple of days. It's chilling to think about it.

I tell you one thing: I've never visited those sea life theme parks before, and I definitely won't be now.

Watch the trailer. Watch the film if you can. I'm so glad I did.

Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for popping over. I'd love to hear from you. Even if it's just to say hello.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.