Thursday 22 September 2011

My cheeky monkey

Both boys are in bed. Too tired to even walk into the kitchen, but I'm ravenous, so I manage to carve a bit of leftover roast lamb, all garlicky and oregano-infused. I warm it through and get some pitta out of the freezer. I tell myself I can put up with lamb and dry pitta for dinner, but it needs something wet. I force myself to blitz together the contents of a can of chickpeas, some tahini, olive oil, lemon juice and a dash of cumin. Not bad.

Time for my favourite part of the day.

Yes, of course, I adore my children, but there's nothing like sitting down to relax after 20 hours of mothering (I'm including my nightly yo-yo efforts).

Especially today. Luca has been, well, vocal to put it mildly.

Here's a rundown:

We're out shopping this morning and Luca's in the play area. I say it's time to go.

Soon. Not just yet. (Exact words uttered very calmly and self-assuredly.)

NOT JUST YET?? Truth is, I was too speechless to argue.

Kian keeps crawling over to him in the day: (Yells) I want Kian to keep his hands to Kian self!

I've finished hanging the washing out and head inside, but Luca demands I watch him on the trampoline. I can't, so result is a full-blown tantrum. An all-screaming-and-flailing tantrum. ON THE TRAMPOLINE.

I ask him to pack away his cars and blocks this evening: Have to wait a minute!

 

But if I consider he made me laugh today when he handed our shopping at the checkouts and said: Here you go lady.

And if I think back to yesterday when he said: I missed you today Mummy.

And later at the table sweetly whispered: Thank you for my dinner (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh).

I suppose it makes it all worthwhile.

I didn't even know Graeme had taken these lovely photos

No comments please about exposed bottom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for popping over. I'd love to hear from you. Even if it's just to say hello.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.