Tuesday 15 November 2011

Cheeky so and so

It's a habit. One that I haven't given much thought.

Until this evening.

Luca is munching away on his corn-on-the-cob. But doesn't finish it.

He hands it over to me and says Mummy, I don't want any more...

Wait for it.


Here you go, you can finish it.

Uh huh. Right.

Truth is, I didn't know what to say. No point in looking indignant. Who would I be kidding?

I had no idea he noticed me picking at his leftovers on the way back to the kitchen. There I was thinking I was being sneaky about it. All this time. Over three years. (I started polishing off his baby rice. Anyone else think baby rice is yum? Add pear purée and I'd almost make double servings.)

I wonder what else he notices?

Vanessa

P.S. The sad (or perhaps funny) part to this is that I did indeed finish his corn. I'd had no lunch – OK?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for popping over. I'd love to hear from you. Even if it's just to say hello.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.