Thursday 5 January 2012

Quietly reflecting

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye 2011, and for the first time in some years, I look back with a smile on my face.

The main event for us last year was leaving behind Sydney suburbia and moving to the coast. We had no idea what a great decision it would be. Lots of things have fallen into place.

Eight months on and I still can't believe we live here...

I took this picture! Yes me!






A place where we catch our own fish (and crayfish!). A place where we've built our own vegetable garden and from where I bring up big bunches of herbs and salad leaves most evenings. 



A place where I've discovered a love for craft, photography, and for making things. A place where I'm learning to address my needs and slow down, and in the process has led me to create this blog and discover so many inspiring people out there.



A place where the boys have blossomed. Where Graeme can go free diving and spearfishing. Where there are plenty of places for Sydney to roam.

A place that I'm starting to call home.

Even though I sit here a bit sad (my sister left for Perth this morning), bleary-eyed (after a night with Kian waking me every two hours) and completely drained (a big food shop with the boys yesterday), I'm looking forward to the year ahead.

And if I could just have one wish? Well, a job on the coast for Graeme would be at the top of my list (no more commuting into Sydney). More time at home together.

And while it's probably a way off, my family to move to this part of Australia would complete the picture.

But hey, I'm supposed to be living in the moment and what we have right now is what we have. And it's pretty good.

I've got some exciting plans for the year ahead, some food related, some not. You'll just have to stay tuned to find out more.

Happy new year.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are exactly where you're meant to be. Happy New Year!
    -Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year! Where you live looks and sounds idyllic and that it's a great fit for your family.

    I hope 2012 is a fantastic year for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Vanessa, where you live looks wonderful!! Crossing my fingers your hubby can get a job closer to home this year ... my hubby reduced his daily commute by half last year and it was awesome - so much more time with our little one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like everything has fallen into place with your move this year Vanessa. That first photo is glorious, what a beautiful place to live. Wishing you a year filled with wonderful things in 2012 and lots more blogging fun together! X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping over. I'd love to hear from you. Even if it's just to say hello.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.